Saturday, June 27, 2009

The beginnings or my first post


I created this blog to share with my children, wife, and friends.

My name is Bob McKown, born in Daniel Freeman Hospital in Ingelwood, CA. I am of Scotch-Irish descend.

I am married to Sue, who has been my wife for the past 25 years, almost 26. We have 2 children, and no grand kids. Which doesn't bother my wife or me.

I was thinking back a few days ago, about Sambo's Restaurants. They were one of the fairest jobs I ever had. Management didn't care if you were black, white, yellow, red, or pink with green polka dots.

I worked in Torrance, Ca., Winslow, Az., Show Low, Az., and Sonoma, CA., for almost 18 years. Only a few managers I worked with made a impression on me. They were, Calvin Gin, & Geneva Billingsley, in Winslow, Charles Glockner, and Mildred Householder in Show Low. Those I worked for in California, I don't really want to remember for reasons of my own.

I will write more about my experiences at Sambo's tomorrow. I will start with the California (Sonoma, and Torrance) Sambo's restaurants. I had much better experiences in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite, no SPAM or I will delete the spam and report you to Google.