Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Delta, Pa. life in the country

Living on the farm, back in the mid 60's. The picture below is from my uncle Irv. This is the front of the house, to the right is the smoke house.


I lived on my grand fathers farm back in the mid 60's. It was there I learned how to love the country life. Now I'm not joking, when I say it was hard for a 10 year old boy working on the farm. But it was hard work. I learned a lot from my grand father on the farm. And later in life in 1976 when I lived there again, (although he was retired at that time). My own dad never had much to do with me. So my grand father took up the slack. Grand dad taught me things on how to be a man and be the best I can be in life. One of the most important things he taught me was respect. Respect is given when it is deserved. And someone who respects me, earns my respect in turn.

And let me tell ya, a real man doesn't hit a woman!!


Unlike my dad who abused me, hit me, tied me up, tossed me in a closet, and cussed me out. I not once, abused my children I taught them things the need in life. When I got mad, or upset, I would go outside, to cool down before I said, or did anything. Then I would talk, or discipline my kids.

I broke the viscous cycle of violence in my family.

My brothers and sister all live in the big cities. My mom is in Denver, where she likes it............... Seems I'm the only one, in my family who loves the country life. Well all the more for me. :~}

Well I've gone on enough on this today I guess. As I didn't type it out on a word processor and instead put down my feelings today.

May the Lord bless you readers, as He has blessed me
Bob

1 comment:

  1. God bless you back):-
    No one is cursed to follow bad habits. But it does take determination and faith.

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite, no SPAM or I will delete the spam and report you to Google.